Nationally ranked PG Jordan McCabe has been an elite basketball talent for years, recognizable dating back to middle school when he drew national fame after his ‘mad ball-handling skills’ went viral on the internet.
Jordan, despite the attention, remained humble and hard-working and developed into one of the best PG’s in the country, headed to West Virginia this fall to play for the Mountaineers.
THE MASTER YOUR CRAFT STUDY – EPISODE 2
Topics discussed on this podcast:
- Fears, anxieties, dark times on a long journey to try and be the best
- Breakdowns and crying in front of his dad
- He’s different – not into the hype, or peer pressure
- Being a “savage” player does not have to carry over off the court
- Growing as a person
- Using your platform for positive influence
- “If the best thing I do in my lifetime is play basketball, then I’ve failed.”
- Mentors: Dad, Steph Curry
- Where does competitiveness come from?
- Strict schedule / routine
- Where could Jordan improve right now?
- “People limit themselves”
- Impacting your community
- Jamal Crawford
- Jordan’s take on GRIT
- 30 seconds to talk to a younger you
- Mind Gym – Gary Mack
- The Man in the Arena – Teddy Roosevelt
- Virtue: Kindness, Action: Work More from him?
Go forth, my friends, and MASTER YOUR CRAFT!
CLICK HERE to join “The MYC Network Facebook Group”
A note from the author:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving you is my sincerest pleasure. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out with criticisms (be harsh), praise (not necessary), questions (answers), or just to say hello and chat (my favorite).
Love & Areté,