Adversity at almost every step of his life, this former NFL player developed a tremendously resilient mindset from the hardships that he’s had to overcome. Now, he runs a premier gym in California, travels the country as a corporate Keynote Speaker, and has authored books and online programs galore. Anthony truly embodies the growth mindset, and the amount of wisdom he shares in this podcast is incredible.
Topics discussed on this podcast:
- Who am I without sports?
- Foster care
- Starvation, beatings, racial concerns, identity
- Normalcy? What is it and why do we seek it?
- Starting football at age 14
- Hold a mirror up to your inadequacies
- Finding a way through the madness
- DECIDING TO BE GREAT … in English class
- The story we tell ourselves
- After athletics
- Self reliance and responsibility
- Planting seeds as a Coach
- Traits of great coaches
- Paint the picture
- Finding a Mentor
- Troy Polamalu
- Facing Bankruptcy
- Aww SHIFT!
- Learn, adapt, thrive
- Waking Thought: “The last person you ever want to meet on your death bed is the person you could have been.”
A note from the author:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving you is my sincerest pleasure. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out with criticisms (be harsh), praise (not necessary), questions (answers), or just to say hello and chat (my favorite).
Love & Areté,